If you’re on a diet or are worrying about your cholesterol levels…look away now, but if you simply don’t care, this rich recipe is for you. It’s not strictly speaking baking, as there’s no actual cooking involved (just a bit of melting), but it’s a brilliant cake to make with the kids and always goes down a bomb at birthday parties.
- 4oz butter
- 2 table spoons golden syrup
- 2 large bars of Bournville chocolate or any dark chocolate
- 8oz digestive biscuits broken into very small pieces not crumbs
- Pack of Maltesers
- Pack of Marshmallows
- White chocolate buttons
- large bar of white chocolate for decorations
- 2oz glace cherries quartered
- 1oz dried apricots cut into small pieces
- Place digestives in a plastic bag and crush roughly
- Place bars of dark chocolate into a bowl with butter and golden syrup and melt over a simmering pan of water.
- Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat.
- Add the biscuits and mix thoroughly.Once the mixture has cooled slightly add maltesers, marshmallows, white chocolate buttons and cherries and mix thoroughly
- Lightly oil a large loaf tin and line with clingfilm.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down firmly.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the cake.
- Put in a fridge for a few hours to set.
- Turn out the cake onto a board and cut into slices.
Have you joined Make it and Mend it yet?
great newsletter… fantastic competitions… offers…
Join now – it’s FREE